Being a social media manager is no piece of cake. You’ve got to tweet 5 million times a day, reply to all those demanding customers and toughest of all, answer your boss’s never ending questions on ROI. If you work in social media, here are 19 thoughts you’ve had for sure:
1. When explaining what you do to your grandparents
2. The inexplicable joy when someone finally gets what your job actually means
3. Or better, when someone asks you for social media advice for their small business
4. When your client sends over the most bizarre brief in history simply asking for the content to “be engaging”
5. When your boss says tweeting shouldn’t take that much time
6. When you’re made to answer the dreaded ROI question for the millionth time
7. Oh the rage when you need to wait and wait to get approval for that super funny tweet, and when you finally get permission, the moment has passed
8. The panic when you send a private tweet from the wrong handle
9. And when you have another new social network to start managing
10. But when your boss says they might increase the budget for social advertising
11. Every holiday when your friends are going to parties but you have to be in office cuz “real-time marketing”
12. When you’re on a date and suddenly have a major PR crisis to tackle
13. That moment when you publish a tweet with a typo but it already has 8 Retweets and 11 favorites and you have to delete it
14. The sense of pride that washes over after you’ve scheduled 33 tweets and 21 posts
15. But your sales team says it gave them no leads
16. Then your retweet or share count crosses double digits
17. When you have to put all your work in to one tiny presentation because performance review
18. But you show them with the most insightful report that includes engagement, share of voice, sentiment and all the magical numbers
19. At the end of the day, when you realize no matter what, you love your job
We applaud you, you hard working social media manager! Not that you’re not already awesome at your job, but if you need any help becoming awesomer (yes, that’s a word), we’ve got a kickass thing just for you.
Unmetric helps you find inspiration, makes report creation 10x faster and takes care of all your social media analytics (competitor stalking included). If you’ve got 10 more minutes to spend on some real cool stuff, go ahead and signup for a demo of Unmetric. You’ll thank us later.
AI Powered Marketing InsightsTo Create Compelling Content
Meet Xia, our Artificial Intelligence that we have been developing for over 5 years. Xia's unique algorithms continuously process the interactions generated on content published by over 100,000 brands.